Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother-luvin Monday, part deux!

We had a fabulous Mother's Day Weekend! Saturday was spent visiting family out of town, including two cute beagle dogs and an 8 month old baby, babies and puppies, what more can you ask for? The slide show in the next post shows Emma's fun with both as well as some photos from our day Sunday. We had a fantastic delicious brunch at Paper Valley Hotel in Appleton. It was quite a buffet that included fruit, veggies, cheese, crackers, pastries, shrimp, oysters, crab claws, smoked salmon, various kinds of eggs scrambled, eggs benedict, omelets made to order, crepes made to order (awesome bananas foster with bananas and caramel sauce with rum was mine), all kinds of meat including a carvery with beef and pork, some various chicken dishes, pasta, an awesome dessert bar with chocolate fountain for dipping strawberries, marshmallows, cookies, pretzels, etc., cheesecakes, cakes and petit fours in all kinds of flavors and ice cream...plus a little kids bar with hot dogs, spaghetti-ohs, crustables, fruit, cookies, etc. Certainly enough food was eaten that we didn't need anything the rest of the day since we were there from about 11:30 until 2pm! I was proud of myself though because I felt like I didn't totally stuff myself or overload on everything, I tried littler portions of everything that appealed to me and made one small plate of desserts sampling anything chocolatey, petit fours and of course dipping stuff from the chocolate fountain, that was so fun! Later that day we visited my grandma and when Trevor was home from work at 8pm we did our little mother's day and he gave me two great gifts (one from Emma), both made me cry of course, as always!


The one from him came in box that when opened plays "What a Wonderful World". Inside cover reads: "Baby Girl. Someday, she'll have her own hopes and dreams, not knowing that once upon a quiet time, you closed your eyes and dreamed to have her in your life." It's a guardian angel figurine holding a baby, so sweet!

The one from Emma was a mother and baby glass plaque thing that is inscribed -“Every good and perfect gift is from above”.










I also got this TOTALLY yummy body wash from Emma (courtesy of my mom) that is Laura Mercier Almond Coconut body wash, OMG, I totally have to hold back from tasting it because it smells good enough to eat and I find myself sniffing my arms and hands the rest of the day to get a whiff! Ilove it!


All in all it was a spectacular Mother's Day! The only thing left is to wait for the mail to arrive with my mom's gifts from that radio contest to see what she all ended up with. But, she did LOVE the camera we got her and the little gifts from Emma and I of a cast iron recipe book stand, coffee mug and snowbabies Mother's Day figurine holding tulips!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Happy belated Mom's day! Sounds like you had a fantastic time. Glad you had such a good one, you deserve it. :)

Mary said...

Looks like you had a beautiful Mother's day! Those gifts are beautiful, I would have cried too!:D

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great day! And you're mom, too. (I can't wait to hear what she won, that is super awesome).
Happy Mothers Day all around!