Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Thank You!

I just had to take a minute now that all of our funeral activities are done and I have a moment to sit down to say THANK YOU! Thank you to everyone who left comments here or emailed me, or both. I really appreciate all of the kind words and wonderful thoughts and hugs that have been sent my way in the last few days. I sincerely appreciate and feel grateful for everything.

We had a nice time seeing family that we unfortunately mostly see only for weddings and funerals and all shared some nice memories of grandma. One of the most special things was when I found out my grandma's middle name was Rose. We had named Emma Rose after Trevor's mom, but it's really special to find out that she shares her middle name with her late great-great grandma too.

One slightly odd development in the last two days is that Emma has started to "see" a man standing by our garage...one that I cannot see...as I buckled her into her carseat yesterday and today, she would say "man there!" as she pointed to the garage. The first time I looked thinking the neighbor guy was out, but his car was not even in the driveway and I saw no one around. I said to her "Is the man still there?" She said, "right there!" as she pointed by the garage again. When we pulled out of the driveway she said "buh-bye man" and waved. She said pretty much the same stuff today as I buckled her into her carseat and we got ready to leave. "Man standing there", pointing at the garage again, same thing where I would ask her a few times if he was still standing there and she was still saying, yes, "right there". Again, she waved and said "buh-bye" to the man. Maybe we're in the presence of a medium...as I've been reading that book by Allison Dubois, I've been thinking more about spirits, ghosts, loved ones who have passed away, etc. Maybe I'm making more of this than what it is, but I can't help but wonder if she's seeing a ghost. If she is, I'm glad he's outside the house rather than inside anyway.

5 comments:

itsnotmeitsme said...

Oh goodness - that's really something with Emma and the garage-standing-next-to man. I never saw imaginary people or had an imaginary friend growing up - what's interesting is that she isn't acting like he's an imaginary friend or something like that! You should ask her what he looks like! When she gets old enough to play outside alone (or without Mom right by her side) we'll see if she has some conversations with him...

Anonymous said...

That's an odd thing. My mom is a firm believer that children can see spirits. Maybe it's someone watching over you and her.

Mary said...

Anna used to see a man sometimes too, standing in the hallway upstairs or in her doorway. I prayed that if it was an angel, Thanks You God- but if not send your angels to make him go away.

I'm glad things went well for your Great Grandma's funeral, and that you had a nice time visiting with family. Sometimes you just need that when something like this happens.

Anonymous said...

that is odd.. i'd keep an eagle eye on her for a bit not that theres anything wrong with her just for safty reasons...

i hope everything is going ok with ya'll

take care

Ginamonster said...

Oh michelle, I have been so out of your loop. I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother.

As far as Emma's visitor, I too believe that children see spirits. I think it's something that should be encouraged so that she doesn't lose the ability. Since she is not afraid of him, then chances are, he's a nice spirit (the not nice ones would make her feel scared) and is, like crazy mom said, probably just looking over her. I agree that you should have here describe him. he might be someone you know!