Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Signs of Life

I've been itching to see some signs of life, a little green, after all the snow and cold and stuff we've had. I got my wish! First of all we planted all of our garden seeds indoors to get ready to go into our garden in a few weeks. We have green and yellow beans, lettuce, celery, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, pumpkins, butternut squash, cauliflower, broccoli...I forget what else! Emma had so much fun helping plant that stuff and now watching it sprout is a blast too!
Day One: Day 7:

Day 17:

Plus, we're starting to get blossoms on our cherry tree and what we think is a weeping mulberry tree in front of our house! If you recognize this as a different variety of tree let me know, I'm clueless! Last year's weather didn't give us any cherries so we're hoping for lots this year!

Picture one is the blossoms on our weeping tree:
Cherry Tree:Weeping tree again:
Here is a picture of our weeping tree with all it's leaves last year:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

glad you're starting to get some green up there! :) those blooms look so pretty!