Thursday, February 28, 2008
Thursday Thirteen: Randomness
1. Keep me outta Target! That dollar section in the front and the $5.99 sunglasses and good-smelling (and tasting) Starbucks in the front...bad news for the pocketbook! At least mom bought the starbucks, that place is a rip-off but it is delicious and it was kinda fun walking around Target drinking a latte! hehe
2. I've been wracking my brain trying to come up with a team name for my Biggest Loser team at work. Our first names and last initials are: Michelle M, Karen R, Julie D, and Kerry S...I got nothing! We're two blondes, two brunettes...3 work in nursing, 1 in career development...I still got nothing! The only stuff that came to mind (don't laugh too hard)...Downsizing Divas, Bubble Butt Busters, I saw something similar to that one online...other than that I'm at a loss! Any ideas?
3. I'm still loving Weight Watchers and now that we started Biggest Loser on Monday I have been trying to drink more water and stay away from "whites"...bread, pasta, etc. as assigned for the week and I'm trying wheat pasta tonight, I'll let you know how it is.
4. Part of our weigh-in/registration for our Biggest Loser contest involved a blood pressure check, mine was 147/100 so they wanted to check it again Tuesday and it was 164/112 on one arm and 158/100 the other arm so they wanted to monitor it more (we have the school health nurse doing this and an NP I work with has kind of taken me under her wing now). Well, today it was 158/100 again so the NP is sending me for lab work in the morning (CBC, Lipid Panel and Metabolic Comprehensive) whatever that all means. So, ok, further proof that I'm doing the right thing by finally getting healthy!
5. I still have not exercised, I'm going strong on the eating better and stuff but the weather/winter has me out of exercising mode because I can't walk outside and don't want to do water aerobics only to come out into this winter weather all wet afterwards and I have no excuse for not walking on mom's treadmill when I'm over there twice a week. Maybe it's best though not to get too gung ho on all of the healthier eating PLUS exercise right away anyhow. It will come in time, I'm just really proud of the progress I've made already with no exercise. Being down just over 16 pounds in 6 weeks is pretty darn good!
6. We're still working on the potty training with Emma and instead of pull-ups we moved her into undies yesterday and she proceeded to pee in them at lunch after holding it all morning and refusing to go on the potty. Today, kind of similar, peed in them mid-morning pooped in them at lunchtime...maybe we're rushing it a little but she was doing pretty good in the pullups and we felt we should take the next step, especially since she has to be fully trained by Fall when she starts preschool!
7. Preschool...she got her little acceptance letter the other day and I made her appointment for her check-up with her doctor for Monday afternoon since the paperwork is due Wednesday. Of course, I've already started shopping and found a cute little lunchbag and water bottle at Target and started looking for a backpack. My mom is equally excited to start her "school wardrobe"! haha
8. This week went so slow at work, seemed like a really long week so I am glad Friday is coming tomorrow! Maybe it's because I forced myself to work harder and avoid the blogging/browsing ebay and etsy, etc. most of each day. I got tons of work done it seems! Hmmm, isn't that interesting? hehe
9. We got the check today from the insurance company and the call from the body shop yesterday saying he'd order the parts for the Vue's repair. However, with all of the accidents recently they are about a week and half behind so who knows when I'll get in for that repair. Hopefully soon, I want a carwash to get all the nasty salt washed away but I'm afraid to with the cracked up bumper!
10. I've been beading quite a bit, made a bunch of keychains that were in my Wordless Wednesday so I'm trying to build up a little collection of stuff and photos of said stuff so I can get my Etsy site up and running.
11. My History Goes to the Movies class is proving to be interesting and I'm really enjoying the movies. Spartacus was a good one, I liked the version of Cleopatra we watched this week, it was from maybe 1991 and a little racy actually for a movie we were watching in school, the saucy scenes were a little awkward to watch in a roomfull of students all probably 10 years younger than me! I also loved the HBO Mini-series Rome that we watched a few episodes of and promptly went online and found copies of the first two seasons of that. That's one I'll have to watch alone when Emma's napping since it's pretty violent and also a bit saucy.
12. I wrote my first letter of recommendation today for my history instructor who was nominated for Adjunct Professor of the Year...it's much deserved so I was glad to have my mom's help with that letter, I don't always feel like I'm good at writing that kind of thing!
13. I think I'm almost down a full pant and shirt size! I am now able to zip a vest I wear that I was previously unable to zip and I keep having to hike up my pants...the bras and undies are feeling a little different too and it's tempting to shop but I might as well wait a little since I'm planning on losing LOTS more! :)
Posted by Not So Anonymous Michelle