Anyway, some of the dialogue between me, the anonymous commentator and my friends who left comments got me thinking about political correctness and all that jazz. It's evident if you know me or have read enough of my blog, I'm not afraid to admit I'm fat, I don't care to be called fat by anyone else obviously, who would? But, the whole "challenged" thing is so sickening! Politcal correctness really goes overboard at times. Our anonymous commentator used the term "horizontally challenged"...I mean I admit I actually had to think about that for a second to realize what it meant, it's ridiculous really. Just like short people are considered "vertically challenged" and bald are supposed to be "folically challenged". It's really become more of a joke than anything else. If you look around online you'll find plenty of sites that have humorous list attaching PC terms to just about anything. I'm sure you have even had emails that do that, I know I've seen a few. Here is a sampling...my personal favorite is #1.
- Fat = person of substance
- Dishonest = ethically challenged
- Geek = socially challenged
- Homeless = residentially flexible
- Single = romantically challenged
- Prostitute = sex care provider
- Pervert = sexually dysfunctional
- Stupid = intellectually impaired
You get the drift, it's become pretty much a joke and I venture to guess that the majority of people who fall into any catagory which would be everyone when you think about it, would prefer not to use these idiotic labels.
And in case you are wondering what an asshat is since Mert used that term in reference to our Anonymous commentator...I found that the urban dictionary website defines it as:
- One who has their head up their ass. Thus wearing their ass as a hat. Asshat
- A person, of either gender, whose behavior displays such ignorance/obnoxiousness that you would like to make them wear their own ass as a hat.
- And for more fun, an image...
HAPPY HUMPDAY BLOGGING, try not to get your head stuck anywhere unpleasant!