Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Birthdays, boo-boos, vehicles and sugar highs







My birthday was Sunday and we had a really nice day and a great meal at my mom's house. But, the night ended with a temporary cast for Emma. We're not sure what the injury exactly is yet though. She was playing and just grabbed her elbow area on her left arm and cried saying her arm hurt. A few minutes earlier she had been playing upstairs reading books with her uncle and he feels terrible about it like he did something but can only imagine that maybe coming down the steps when he was holding her hands walking down maybe something happened, we really don't know. We took her to the ER and the physician's assistant thought the x-rays didn't appear to show any breaks but they put the temporary cast on as a precaution to protect her arm until today when she sees the orthopedic surgeon who was reviewing the x-rays yesterday. I'll keep ya posted! She was such a brave girl when the nurses wrapped her arm up, they gave her a little bugs bunny band-aid since the plain ace bandage was pretty boring for her. She has not been moving her arm around much but we've been encouraging her to wiggle the fingers and try lifting her arm a little since it happened.

In other news, we are trading in our 2002 Ford Taurus for a newer, more fun, spacious, better gas mileage...2006 Saturn Vue!

Here are the photos from Saturn of Fond du Lac's website...we pick it up tonight! Can't wait! It was cute when we test drove it yesterday, we put Emma's carseat in and buckled her in, she looked around and said, car nice! She gave it her seal of approval! Hee hee!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about Emma's arm. Sounds like she's being a trooper, though! I hope things go OK with the orthopedist.

That's great about the new car. I love new cars. Have fun "tooling" around Fondy in it tomorrow! ;)

Melissa said...

Poor Emma! I do love the Bugs Bunny decoration, but casts just blow. I also love the cute peasant top and capris ensemble. Very stylin'!

I know it's late, and I feel like an ass for not remembering the day, but happy freakin' birthday! (For some reason, I thought it was the 15th). I feel like an ass for not remembering, but I'm glad it was a good one for ya. :)

Anonymous said...

So many things to say here

1) HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you had a wonderful day with your family.
2) Poor Emma! I hope she is doing ok. =( It is so hard seeing them hurt because they just don't really get why they hurt.
3)LOVE that Saturn! We looked at those but in the end I got a car instead of a SUV. She is a beauty!

Anonymous said...

Fellow dork, you have been tagged by gretty at A Shot In The Arm!

Mary said...

Poor thing! I hope her appointment turned out ok, or at least that you have some answers.

itsnotmeitsme said...

Love the Vue! Good choice! Did you get the silver?