Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Mostly Wordless Wednesday

I saved the pictures from my mom's birthday over the weekend just for today and had to share the funniest thing Emma said that day. Mom was in the process of opening her cards and you'll see in the pictures Emma was guarding her gift. Mom said to all of us that the cards and having everyone over was the best gift and my grandma, sitting on the other side of Emma said: "In that case, I'll take this..." and reached out to pretend to take mom's gift. Emma whipped her head around and looked at my grandma with her little hands gripping mom's gift and said ever so sweetly scolding "It's grammie's birthday, not yours". She always provides the entertainment at family gatherings! I think she had more fun helping carry in the cake and sing happy birthday and everything than even the birthday girl had eating her cake and getting gifts!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How cute!

As an aside, I have no idea why, but everytime I try to load your page, it freezes up my computer! :) It was doing okay there for a while but over the last couple weeks I've been having the same problem. Ah, well!

Mary said...

That is hilarious! What a cutie :D Can you believe she is going to be 3 soon?