Friday, February 1, 2008

Portions & Weigh In!

I have my next weigh-in tomorrow morning and can't believe it, but I can't wait! I look forward to facing the scale each week so we'll see if I can hit my first 10 pound mark tomorrow! I lost 6.6 pounds that first week then 1.6 the next so just 1.8 to go for my 10 pounds! Wish me luck!

As I continue on with my healthier living journey I have found certain things to really be helpful and effective. Portion control is one of the most important things to pay attention to and I found this email I got today had a nice illustration of how your meals should look. I've started having a salad with almost every meal (not breakfast of course) and started making the veggies on my plate outweigh the meat. Here's a little illustration of how to fill your plate. If you're looking to eat healthier, lose weight, or maintain weight, this is probably a good tool for you too!

I don't know how your week shaped up but I've had a sinus type headache off and on all week! We had more snow and bitter cold this week including a day so cold that they closed many schools in the area including my workplace which did allow for a nice day at home with Emma & Trevor! I'm glad it's Friday though, even with that day off, the week felt long and like it dragged on! Tomorrow we're off to get Emma's pictures taken for the Valentine's special at Picture People so watch for photos to appear here on Monday!

Have a great weekend!

No comments: